“ Tier 2 Visa: are there any roles that start before the end of September (when my visa expires)? ”

DL L. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Digital Webchat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

28/01/2016
10 Live chat
Hi everyone! I've been to several Deloitte events now, and I had been really convinced by the enthusiasm Deloitte show in their work. I have applied to the Risk Advisory role. However, I had been rejected as my visa ends in September, and the programme starts in Ocotber 2016. May I please know if there are any roles suitable for me (I do a degree course in BSc Actuarial Science), that allows me to transfer my visa.

Also, what is Deloitte's stand on Theresa May's £35,000 or deported policy?

Thank you.
28/01/2016

Hi there, Unfortunately we do require VISA'a to be valid, at a very minimum, until October - this is across the board for our graduate opportunities im afraid.

28/01/2016
DL L.

Hi Nicole, thank you for your response. May I please know how does Deloitte stand on the £35000 salary or deported policy to be effective in April?

May I ask when is the graduate programme of technology consulting due to commence in the 2016 intake? Many thanks

28/01/2016

This is something which has been taken into consideration by the firm, but i'm afraid I am not at liberty to discuss the firm as a whole's view on this.

It begins in September

28/01/2016
DL L.

Nicole, does this mean that if I apply for the technology consulting role, I would still need to have my visa expire in October?

28/01/2016

Yes, we require the visa to be valid for a least one month after the start date of the grad programme. As all of our graduate programmes begin in September, all VISA's must be valid until October as a minimum.

28/01/2016
DL L.

Nicole, I am really interested in joining Deloitte, but unfortunately, that's my only Achilles heel. Is there any other track I can join Deloitte, e.g. starting an internship this summer before applying for the Graduate role? Or is this final and I won't have a chance?

28/01/2016

May i ask what is your year of study at the moment?

28/01/2016
DL L.

I am in my final year. Year 4. BSc Actuarial Science with First Class expected.

28/01/2016

Thank you for confirming, Im afraid we only offer internships to those in their penultimate year of study - i do appreciate that this is disappointing news but i am afraid we are only able to accept applications if your Visa is valid until October.

28/01/2016
DL L.

Thank you for your help Nicole. Much appreciated.

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Yet – as is our way – we’re always striving to be even better. We’re working hard to develop and refine the experience of working here. At the centre of that lies what we believe is a distinctive culture and way of working.

Visit website