“ Tier 2 Visa: are there any roles that start before the end of September (when my visa expires)? ”

DL L. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Digital Webchat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

28/01/2016
10 Live chat
Hi everyone! I've been to several Deloitte events now, and I had been really convinced by the enthusiasm Deloitte show in their work. I have applied to the Risk Advisory role. However, I had been rejected as my visa ends in September, and the programme starts in Ocotber 2016. May I please know if there are any roles suitable for me (I do a degree course in BSc Actuarial Science), that allows me to transfer my visa.

Also, what is Deloitte's stand on Theresa May's £35,000 or deported policy?

Thank you.
28/01/2016
Programme Design Advisor - National, Deloitte UK

Hi there, Unfortunately we do require VISA'a to be valid, at a very minimum, until October - this is across the board for our graduate opportunities im afraid.

28/01/2016
DL L.

Hi Nicole, thank you for your response. May I please know how does Deloitte stand on the £35000 salary or deported policy to be effective in April?

May I ask when is the graduate programme of technology consulting due to commence in the 2016 intake? Many thanks

28/01/2016

This is something which has been taken into consideration by the firm, but i'm afraid I am not at liberty to discuss the firm as a whole's view on this.

It begins in September

28/01/2016
DL L.

Nicole, does this mean that if I apply for the technology consulting role, I would still need to have my visa expire in October?

28/01/2016

Yes, we require the visa to be valid for a least one month after the start date of the grad programme. As all of our graduate programmes begin in September, all VISA's must be valid until October as a minimum.

28/01/2016
DL L.

Nicole, I am really interested in joining Deloitte, but unfortunately, that's my only Achilles heel. Is there any other track I can join Deloitte, e.g. starting an internship this summer before applying for the Graduate role? Or is this final and I won't have a chance?

28/01/2016

May i ask what is your year of study at the moment?

28/01/2016
DL L.

I am in my final year. Year 4. BSc Actuarial Science with First Class expected.

28/01/2016

Thank you for confirming, Im afraid we only offer internships to those in their penultimate year of study - i do appreciate that this is disappointing news but i am afraid we are only able to accept applications if your Visa is valid until October.

28/01/2016
DL L.

Thank you for your help Nicole. Much appreciated.

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website