“ What was the hardest part of the work you did when you joined Deloitte as a new graduate analyst? ”

Aaron G. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Graduate Insight - LIVE CHAT
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

07/04/2016
14 Live chat
07/04/2016
Analyst - Tech Consulting, Deloitte UK

Hi Aaron,

I think the hardest part of joining as a graduate analyst was adapting to the timings and expectations of working life, the early starts and the late finishes, etc.

However, it's also hugely exciting at the beginning. I think the most important thing is that it continues to be exciting as you develop so although you encounter new challenges, the job remains interesting and engaging throughout

07/04/2016
Aaron G.

Hi Barty,
Thanks for your reply! At the beginning it must have been a big change!
The last point is very interesting and it is one of the reasons why i am keen in joining Deloitte.

07/04/2016
Analyst - Tech Consulting, Deloitte UK

The training is excellent, Aaron, and you will have a great time at Deloitte

07/04/2016
Aaron G.

I have applied for a role in Risk Advisory. Could you tell me about what the training entails if it's generally identical across divisions?

07/04/2016
Deloitte: Advisor Student Recruitment, Deloitte UK

Hi Aaron, thank you for your email - it really does depend which area of Risk Advisory you will be going into as a service line it can be quite varied.

The professional education paths will align to the work you will be doing, so it's all relevant.

07/04/2016
Aaron G.

Hi Jessica, thanks for your reply! The area I'm applying for is cyber risk. Do you have much information on this specific team?

07/04/2016

Hi Aaron, have you seen our website page for Cyber Risk? www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/technology… 

07/04/2016
Aaron G.

Hi Jessica, yes I have read through the page before. Do you know when graduate analysts usually start and is the initial training in London?

07/04/2016

Hi Aaron, yes we have one intake and its usually in the Summer/Autumn of each year -so September time. The training and real fun begins right from the get go!

07/04/2016
Senior Associate - Technology, Media And Telecommunications Audit, Deloitte UK

Yes - there are plenty of social events, as well as training to make sure everyone gets to know each other!

07/04/2016

The majority of training will usually take place in your chosen office location :-)

07/04/2016
Aaron G.

Many thanks for your reply! I am currently expecting my final interview and I hope that I will get to join Deloitte eventually!

07/04/2016

Wishing you the very best of luck - have you seen our hints and tips document? www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/u…  that may help you through.

07/04/2016
Aaron G.

Thanks! Yes I have been trying my best to obtain as much available info as possible!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website