“ Can you tell me more about the application process? ”

Cinzia V. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - South
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

04/02/2014
16 Live chat
I hold a degree of business management and i am currently working as marketing consultant for a v. Small mkt firm, yet I would love to start up my career with Deloitte.

Because there is a wide variety of topics that I am familiar with and would like to learn from.
04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Hi Cinzia. Good question. I work on the student recruitment team so can advise on the process but we also have some recent grads with us online who have made it through the process - who I am sure can give you some top tips as well! In terms of the standard process (consulting have a slightly different route) - you need to apply online pass an online numerical and Etray Exercise and then have a first and final interview. Were there any steps you were worried about / would like to know more?

You sound like you have a relevant degree and some good work experience! What has made you think of professional services?

04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Another good idea Cinzia would also be to search for nearby Deloitte events - like the coffee's - using this link: www.careers.deloitte.gtios.com/index.asp  (if you haven't already)

04/02/2014
Assistant Manager, Deloitte

Hi Cinzia, I'm in corporate tax here at Deloitte. I would say you should
explore the area you are most interested in

04/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Oh thank you so much Lorna... I am v. Terrified by the idea of the psychometric exams tell me how was your experience and how were you successful?

I like both areas, I like marketing and I like taxes, I like learning new skills and for me it would be great any of them.

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

Hi Cinzia, I work in Global Employer Services (which relates to your sole trader tax return experience), and building on what Jemina says, you need to do your research, before deciding on your application, as this is likely to be career choice and not just a job

04/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Thats so true... So if i apply for taxes means i will be developing as a tax services...

04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Cinzia it definitely takes a lot of practice and effort, but since you have actual work experience it should be much easier for you! In one of the Deloitte Discovery events they featured discussions on the Etray and people got the opportunity to practice it and then looked in-depth at the process of recruitment!

04/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Well, I am a part timer in this small firm ... Just have to make up m mind where should I go. Thank you Lorna for all your tips do you know any time soon for Deloitte discovery event?

04/02/2014
Kate W.

Hi Cinzia - all the dates for Deloitte Discovery can be found at

www.deloitte.co.uk/discover 

04/02/2014

I am running the ones in Reading and Bristol!!

04/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Ohh good to know james...!!:) thank you so much

04/02/2014
Steven B.

Hi Cinzia - in terms of making your mind up, a copy of this year's Graduate brochure should be helpful in terms of matching the way you think and things that are important to you with our service lines.

04/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Thank you Steven where can I find it?

04/02/2014
Kate W.

Hi Cinzia - you can via our online brochure at:

mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/university/c… 

04/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Hi James, I would like to know what do you think is the most rewarding thing to be working I. Deloitte?

04/02/2014

Deloitte are an amazing company to work for and your training will benefit you for the rest of your career. Even if you do leave us (one day!) we hope you have a great experience as you may well be a client in the future! So its about developing long term relationships

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website