“ Difference in opportunities between working for Deloitte in the capital compared to the rest of the country? ”

Ben L. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - South
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

04/02/2014
7 Live chat
04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

That is a good question - one I get asked a lot!

04/02/2014
Associate, Deloitte

Hi Ben, thanks for asking. Which office/service line were you thinking of applying to?

04/02/2014
Ben L.

Looking at Consulting

04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

I would say that the majority of our consulting roles are London based. Because of this (and because it is consulting) they are very popular so you must apply early! There are some common themes about applying regionally - smaller teams, possible exposure to more senior more quickly..

04/02/2014
Associate, Deloitte

I think the biggest difference you would find between the capital and other offices is the size/sort of clients you will be working with - I am an audit associate in the Gatwick office and I find I tend to work on smaller clients than some of the clients audited by the London office. The trade off is that on a smaller client you probably see more of the client's business at an earlier stage.

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

and also, a small client doesn't necessarily mean 'small', in Global employer Services team, a lot of our small regional clients have big establishments overseas, or are high growth clients, which means that as they grow, you grow with them (both as an individual and as a regional practice)

04/02/2014
Ben L.

Great, thank you very much!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website