“ I was wondering if the competency part of the partner interview differs at all to the first round interview? ”

Liam D. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - South
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

04/02/2014
10 Live chat
Hi my name is Liam, I am currently preparing for partner interview with in Tax-Global Employer Services, I was wondering if the competency part of the interview differs at all to the first round interview?
04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Hi Liam - do you mean, do we ask different questions depending on Service Line? You really need to speak to Syed Naqi as he works in the GES team in Reading!

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

Hi Liam. The partner interview competency questions are similar to your first interview, however, what (in my understanding) they really want so observe is how your examples reflect on the competency under question in you.

04/02/2014
Liam D.

Ok thanks, so would it be appropriate to use some of the same examples I used before?

04/02/2014

Yes, you can use the same examples again but just make sure you are fully answering the question as you may need to change it to better answer the question. So the same example can be around teamwork and achieving a goal - but in both cases you need to think about tackling it from a different perspective.

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

I don't see why not, as long as they answer the question they are asking. But make sure you answer the question they are asking, even if that means using an example you have used before

04/02/2014
Liam D.

Great thank you, I'm currently working on how each of my examples do relate to the other competencies, I'll keep that in mind on the day and be sure my examples are actually answering the questions. Thanks for the help.

04/02/2014

Liam B - Good Luck with your interview!!

04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Speaking of partner interviews, there will be a presentation involved right? Will it be a power point presentation? How long is it expected to be?

04/02/2014

It is not a PowerPoint, on purpose. As we just want to see how you handle communicating information in a formal setting. As that is more like what you would do day to day if you joined Deloitte. I would say a hand-out may be good to prepare! I would also say that you should give it sitting down rather than making it too formal.

04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Thanks James

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website