“ What would you say makes Deloitte different from the other Big 4? ”

Ben L. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - South
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

04/02/2014
13 Live chat
04/02/2014
Zhe Z.

I'd like to know too. My friends in Deloitte say that people are friendly and nice. But my friends in other big four say the same thing...

04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Good question. Some would say we are the consulting firm (as we have the biggest consulting team). I would say all the firms offer great training schemes, I chose Deloitte as I was impressed by the people I met in the process. I think the firm has the right balance of being friendly and professional.

04/02/2014
Analyst, Deloitte Consulting, Security Advisory Services

For me it's the expertise (industry leader in Security), exposure to different clients across all industries and the investment in your welfare as an employee.

04/02/2014

Just our of curiosity - from your perspective do you see much of a difference?

04/02/2014
Assistant Manager, Deloitte

I also liked the idea of getting more involved in community investment work, too, and thought Deloitte had a bigger focus on this than the other 3 when I was applying. I think it's important to have a good balance of things to get involved with whilst working.

04/02/2014
Corporate Tax Associate, Deloitte UK

I'd say one thing I've really enjoyed about Deloitte so far is the speed with which you're given access to clients/client work and handed responsibility to perform pieces of work for them as part of a team in whichever service line you work in - a lot of the internal talk is about us offering 'distinctive client relationships' and it's rewarding to be part of that early on in your career.

04/02/2014
Ben L.

Thanks, appreciate the insights. I have to admit that for me it's difficult to differentiate between the firms. For me it's all about the people that you meet and the image that they paint of the company. Out of curiosity have any of you had any experiences with the other firms that you could make a direct comparison to Deloitte?

04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Really great insights definitely! Thank you!

04/02/2014

I used to work in a mid tier firm.. would a comparisson to that be helpful?

04/02/2014
Ben L.

Definitely

04/02/2014

To be honest all firms offer amazing graduate opportunities. I do think the bigger firms offer a more organised support structure and more opportunities to develop yourself.

04/02/2014
Ben L.

Brilliant, thanks for the insight

18/01/2019
Priyanka S.

According to me, environment play important role in success of company.
Great people create great environment.
Which easy to stay longer.

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website