Amy N.
“ Have you got any advice for preparing for a final round interview? ”

Amy N. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - South
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

on 04/02/2014
11 Live chat
Hello, I'm Amy. I found out yesterday that I have got a final round interview for audit in the Bristol office coming up. Have you got any advice for preparing for a final round interview?
James N.
on 04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Be prepared, for anything! I jest. They have certain competency areas they need to assess (for example, commercial awareness) but the key things they need to ask themselves are - would they be comfortable sending you to their clients and how would you work in their teams

Lorna K.
on 04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Hey Amy, congratulations on getting to the final interview! I wish you the best of luck!! I have just been invited for the first interview for technology consulting and I am quite anxious, would you have any advice?

Amy N.
on 04/02/2014
Amy N.

With the commercial awareness competency, I have heard from friends that have interviewed for the other big 4 that they are asked to comment on a company doing well and a company doing poorly at the moment. Is the same true for Deloitte?

Amy N.
on 04/02/2014
Amy N.

Hi Lorna, my interview was way more of a discussion; I had been moved from Audit to Public Sector Audit and so I think I was asking more questions that the interviewer. Generally it was absolutely fine, just have loads of examples for all the competencies (they can ask for 2 for each) and know what you'd be doing on the job and why you think you'd like that. I got a bit of a grilling about the ins & outs of audit, which I only survived as my housemate is an E1 auditor at the moment... so be prepared!

Jack H.
on 04/02/2014
Associate, Deloitte

Hi Amy, while I wasn't asked that exact question at my interview, it's the sort of thing that could definitely come up. If you can show commercial awareness, particularly in your case of businesses based in Bristol/ the South West, it can only look good!

Lorna K.
on 04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Thank you Amy! I truly appreciate your answer and your insight, its a relief to know that it was more conversational rather than an interrogation (like this live chat itself gives me some idea of the open and friendly Deloitte culture which is great)! I will definitely get more than 2 examples of the competences, that's an awesome tip! What kind of questions were you asked about audit, general technical knowledge e.g qualified and unqualified opinions or was it commercial awareness e.g about new 20-year audit rotation for listed firms? or both?

Amy N.
on 04/02/2014
Amy N.

Hi Lorna, I was asked what I expect to do on a day-to-day in my first year, what my goals were etc. Also I was asked about what current legislation is changing the audit world at the moment. That was quite tough!

Lorna K.
on 04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Thanks a great deal Amy! Sorry if I seem to have taken over your chat!! You will do great in your partner interview! Wishing you the best!!

Nick N.
on 04/02/2014
Corporate Tax Associate, Deloitte UK

Hi Amy, I'm in tax in the Bristol office and one thing which came up for my interview was 'Why the Bristol office?' so that's always worth thinking about. Nothing wrong with being honest if you do get asked that - it's also worth considering the differences between regional offices and London, and the fact you like the city itself if you've lived here is never a bad thing because it means you're likely to stay!

Amy N.
on 04/02/2014
Amy N.

Thanks James, I absolutely love Bristol so at least that question would be easy!

DHuruv S.
on 25/02/2018
DHuruv S.

Is it an HR or Technical , for the final interview in deloitte intern as an actuary

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Yet – as is our way – we’re always striving to be even better. We’re working hard to develop and refine the experience of working here. At the centre of that lies what we believe is a distinctive culture and way of working.

Visit website