“ Is a PowerPoint presentation advisable during the partner interview? ”

Amy N. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - South
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

04/02/2014
18 Live chat
When it comes to the presentation in the partner interview, is a powerpoint presentation advisable?
04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Great question Amy! and how long should it be?

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

Not sure if you are required to do a Power point (however, it might be different for technology), I did mine on an A4, with a copy for partner

04/02/2014
Amy N.

It's for public sector audit...

04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

You do not have to do a PP as you will not have the opportunity to present it on a screen. You may do it this way as you can then give a copy to the Partner. What the Partner is assessing is your communication skills rather than your PP ability! I think a hand-out is advisable but with the key information.

04/02/2014
Amy N.

Perfect. Also, how long before the interview are we given the title of the presentation?

04/02/2014

We send these out when we book in the interview! They change every 3 months!

04/02/2014
Amy N.

Fair enough. I'll await the email then! Thanks James.

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

Also for your partner interview, do some research around public sector audit rotations, the contracts currently won, the dates of their renewals etc (its public knowledge), and link try and link it with private sector audit work

04/02/2014
Amy N.

Is there an easy way to access this data or is it a lot of googling?

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

most of this information is in public domain, so shouldn't be too hard to find

04/02/2014
Amy N.

I should get on that then. Brill thanks.

04/02/2014
Lorna K.

Is there a difference for the technology service line?

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

no worries, good luck with your interview. These public sector audit engagements were privatised almost a year ago, so you might have to do a bit of digging though

04/02/2014
Amy N.

Oh yippeee. I'm sure the dissertation can wait. Thanks for the tips :)

04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

Lorna; I'm afraid I wouldn't know about technology service line (I am in GES), the reason I know about PSA is because I had an offer last year for PS Audit

04/02/2014
Lorna K.

No worries! Thanks Syed and Amy (for the question)!! Much appreciated!

10/05/2016
Anon user (#172780)

What should the handout look like?

10/05/2016

Hi there, it is not compulsory to give a hand out so it can look however you like! Think about the best way to present the information but remember you are not assessed on this. You are assessed on your ability to verbally present so spend your time preparing for this rather than a handout. Many Thanks, Leah

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website