“ Do Deloitte offer anything similar to extra-curricular activities? ”

Liz Z. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - South
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

04/02/2014
6 Live chat
Hi, so I have another question. I have been incredibly involved in extra-curricular activities/volunteering projects at uni. Would Deloitte have something similar to offer to its Graduates?
04/02/2014
Tax Associate, Deloitte

There are plenty of opportunities for that, and if there isn't something that you are keen to get involved in (any particular sport), you will be encouraged to take the initiative to start it

04/02/2014
Steven B.

Where to begin with this one Sarah? We're hugely committed to a variety of community events, charity partnerships, volunteering opportunities and other activities. As Syed says, you can either get involved in something that already exists, or else ask the firm to support you (for example with matched funding etc) on new things. If you want to do it, the chances are you can do it here.

04/02/2014
Liz Z.

Thank you so much for your answer Syed and Steven! To follow up on that, is there a particularly successful or popular charity/volunteering opportunity?

04/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Well, this year I am doing an event called Ride Across Britain for Charity. We invite clients along which makes it interesting. You will find offices have different initiatives running all year so when you join it is important that you tie win with regional teams looking after this.

04/02/2014
Steven B.

We do so much, from helping children with their reading at local schools to national initiatives such as the Ride Across Britain that there is something that hopefully fits the time people have to give. And if it doesn't quite exist yet, you can be the one to start it. We're always looking for ways we can do more.

04/02/2014
Liz Z.

That sounds great! As I'm not a very good cycler, I'd definitely try to get involved in other activities, or perhaps start one should I be successful.
Thank you so much for the answers.

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website