“ Is there a mentor scheme within the consulting branch? ”

Liz Z. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - London
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

11/02/2014
21 Live chat
Hi, thank you for organising this chat. I am looking to apply for a role within the Consulting branch and was wondering if there is some sort of a mentor scheme for the said sector?
11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Hi Natasha, upon joining you rare allocated a 'Buddy' who is generally the year above you to help with the day to day queries etc. and a formal mentor can be requested to help guide your career

11/02/2014
Liz Z.

That's great. Thank you for your answer. Would it be
easy to get in touch with your assigned 'buddy'?

11/02/2014

of course, they are around regularly to meet up for coffees etc. but always available during work hours on email, phone and Internal Messenger

11/02/2014
Liz Z.

Amazing, thank you once again.

11/02/2014

My pleasure! anything else I can help with?

11/02/2014
Liz Z.

Well, how would you describe the general work atmosphere at Deloitte?

11/02/2014

I would say fun, dynamic, interesting, busy and the people here are lovely and you'll always go home at the end of the day feeling like you have achieved something :)

11/02/2014
Associate, Global Employment Tax, Deloitte

In my opinion I was pleasantly surprised at how friendly everyone is at Deloitte. Everyone from Associate to Partner is willing to take time out to help you if you need it. Day to day you'll work closely with your team and get to know them very well. There's also lots of social activities arranged for outside of work that you can get involved with.

11/02/2014
Associate, Deloitte LLP

I've been here for a couple of months and it's great to work here! Everyone is willing to help whenever you have a question. Also we have a lot of team social events. Great atmosphere.

11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

In addition we have a number of clubs, networks etc

11/02/2014
Liz Z.

Wow, thank you for all the answers! And Neil, what sort of clubs and networks are there at Deloitte?

11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Various sports clubs but to be honest you can probably find most clubs/networks in line with your interests. In addition if you do notice one that we don't have you are able to start your own

11/02/2014
Associate, Global Employment Tax, Deloitte

There's a huge variety of communities and networks - anything you're interested in and I can have a look for you?

11/02/2014
Liz Z.

Would there be anything related to cooking?

11/02/2014
Kate H.

I'm pretty sure there is a wine and cheese society :)

11/02/2014

and you could start your own Cooking club!

11/02/2014
Liz Z.

Haha great!

11/02/2014
Associate, Audit TMT, Deloitte

Can I volunteer as an audience taster?

11/02/2014
Nashe E.

Form a club on Tasting

11/02/2014
Associate, Audit TMT, Deloitte

I can see London is going to transform into a world of culinary bliss over the next few years

11/02/2014
Liz Z.

If we do make it through the e-tray exercises!

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website