“ What made you suitable for a career in Deloitte? ”

Francesca F. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - London
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

11/02/2014
13 Live chat
Good afternoon everyone, thank you for this initiative. I am applying to Deloitte for a summer internship in Consulting. I am particularly interested in asking two things: first of all, what do you think was your unique selling point, that made you suitable for a career in Deloitte? But also, what do you think was Deloitte's unique selling point, namely what made you choose to apply to Deloitte? Thank you all in advance!
11/02/2014
Associate, Global Employment Tax, Deloitte

Hi Francesca. I don't necessarily think you need a unique selling point, I think it's more important to be a well rounded person that fits in with the firm's culture

11/02/2014
Associate, Audit TMT, Deloitte

Deloitte's selling point - the people, the expertise, the name, the training. It's not a unique point but was a few factors for me.
Also agree with Amber

11/02/2014
Early Identification Manager, Deloitte UK

Hi Francesca I am afraid we do not have any positions within Consulting SVS for 2014, please can I ask what year of study are you in? We have other roles that may be of interest.

11/02/2014
Francesca F.

Thank you! I am in my second year of university and I am currently focusing on possible summer work experiences in Deloitte in Italy. Do you know about any other possibilities which would be interesting for me in London?

11/02/2014

We have roles in our Gatwick and St Albans offices which are not too far from London, but unfortunately we do not have positions within London

11/02/2014
Francesca F.

And these positions are for second year students? Are they still open?

11/02/2014

They are yes, we have positions in Audit and Tax in Gatwick and Audit, Tax and Risk Consulting in St Albans

11/02/2014
Francesca F.

How strong should my skills in IT be to be suitable for a career in Risk Consulting? I am currently studying economics and management

11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

We do not require a IT background for our risk consulting teams - the main thing is good communication skills as the role involves explaining complex issues to clients in a simple manor

11/02/2014
Francesca F.

Thank you.

11/02/2014
Francesca F.

What is the main feature of a career in Risk Consulting then? For instance, I associate Strategy Consulting mostly with M&A and cutting costs if that's correct. What would be the main association for Risk Consulting?

11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Risk Consulting is split into several different areas but not by industry for instance the teams you can expect to work with are Data Analytics, Resilience, Governance & Compliance and Technology Risk

11/02/2014
Francesca F.

Thank you

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website