“ Does Deloitte sponsor any non-EU applicant? ”

Cinzia V. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - London
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

11/02/2014
35 Live chat
11/02/2014
Early Identification Manager, Deloitte UK

Hi Cinzia, we do but students do need to have a valid visa until October 2014 which is after our start dates.

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Oh thats cool, tell me when is the best to apply? C

11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Cinzia, as soon as possible after we open for applications on the 1st of July each year (for the next years intake)

11/02/2014

What year of study are you in Cinzia?

11/02/2014

what year of University are you in?

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Ohh!!! Well I 'm actually a graduate from home and doing ACCA but have a working visa

11/02/2014

then I would say the sooner the better for 2014 start date : )

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

My university is lima university back home and did business management and here got a diploma in international business

11/02/2014

As long as your visa is valid until after October 2014 you are able to submit an application

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

So when is it the start date for 2014?:)

11/02/2014

typically around September

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

When do I need to start applying?

11/02/2014

Applications are open now, roles fill very quickly so I would suggest applying ASAP via our website.

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Oh that's great... So if I applied now how long will the application process typically take?

11/02/2014

We recruit on a rolling basis, so first come first serve to the majority of our roles. If you apply now you will need to complete our online test stages and this can be done relatively quickly. After this you would reach the interview stage, we aim for our recruitment process to take place within 4 - 6 weeks

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

I am v. Interested in tax as I have been working for a sole trader doing her paye and make payments... Does it count as experience?

11/02/2014

this would yes : )

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Thank you Victoria! I have been working as a tax manager from april 2013 onwards. Also I am working as a mkt consultant in a small firm.

11/02/2014
Associate, Global Employment Tax, Deloitte

I'm sure that experience would be very valuable in your application and interviews

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Ohhh!!! I would love to join Deloitte asap... That is one of my aim. Thank you amber! I made my decision and would like go work in tax or audit as my second choice :)

11/02/2014
Associate, Global Employment Tax, Deloitte

That's great to hear, apply early and take time in each stage of the process, good luck!

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Thank you... Any advice on e tray? How can I practice?

11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

The test does offer a practice exercise but I would recommend reviewing any similar exercises online

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

That is good one to know... But where online can I find these exercises?

11/02/2014

and always read the instructions and background information fully before clicking 'start'

11/02/2014
London Audit Advisor, Deloitte UK

On our Selection process page we have a online practice. the link is as follows: mycareer.deloitte.com/uk/en/university/a… 

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Good tip!! :) thank you

11/02/2014
London Audit Advisor, Deloitte UK

If you look at the Stage 1 which details the online stages under the e-tray tab :)

19/01/2015
Anon user (#163736)

I have graduated from UK, have done MBA 2013 passout, one year I was in US doing internship with IB at NewYork, now currently working in India. Can I apply for positions in UK?

19/01/2015

Hi, provided that you meet our academics and have the right to work in the UK you will be able to apply.

19/01/2015
Anon user (#163736)

what is right to work in UK? I need visa sponsorship to work since my student visa period is over.

19/01/2015

Unfortunately we require students to hold a valid visa when applying to our graduate roles. Without this you are not able to submit an application, for more information please visit our website for further clarification. www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/ar… 

19/01/2015
Anon user (#163736)

many thanks...what if I apply for experienced roles, I have around 7 years of experience...will I be entertained if I apply for experienced position?

19/01/2015

We are able to sponsor candidates for our experienced hire roles, however eligibility for sponsorship is determined on a case by case basis. Thanks, Victoria

19/01/2015
Anon user (#163736)

Thankyou, I appreciate...

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website