Mirabela D. asked a question
during the live chat Early Application Community - Tax Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

15/06/2016
8 Live chat
Thank you
15/06/2016
Analyst, Corporate Tax, Deloitte UK

Hi Mirabela. Personally I felt that Deloitte seemed to place a greater emphasis on its people - and the development of its people - than the other Big 4 firms.

I mainly got this impression when attending graduate recruitment fairs. Luckily I haven't been disappointed - there is such a strong support network in place which is really important if you are given plenty responsibility early on in your career.

15/06/2016
Mirabela D.

Hi Thomas, many thanks for your insight.

15/06/2016

You're welcome! Do you have any other questions at all?

15/06/2016
Mirabela D.

Many thanks once again. I was mainly looking at employee experience and insight, as this is usually extremely diverse and can't be found out with the help of some clicks. Is there anything else that you would have liked to know/be told before you started working?

15/06/2016

That's a good question. Personally I wish I'd known that the working environment that we have at Deloitte isn't at all daunting. I was quite worried just before joining that I wouldn't have enough technical tax knowledge, but it turns out that your managers and senior managers don't expect you to know that much technical tax knowledge at all, and they are always happy to talk you through things. It's okay to make mistakes too!

15/06/2016
Assistant Manager, Deloitte UK

Honestly looking back I wish I wasn't as nervous. I'm not sure what I was worried about, but there was no need! I'm sure I went through the first week thinking that at some point someone would realise they'd picked the wrong one and would want to throw me out, but it's silly really - everyone was new once and we all remember it and want to help you

15/06/2016
Analyst - Tax, Deloitte UK

I agree with Thomas. I too had the same concern but soon realised just how supportive Deloitte was. Everyone was really helpful and always make themselves available to support you.

15/06/2016
Assistant Manager, Deloitte UK

Actually I also wish someone told me that office was smart casual - I went out and bought a suit before I started, when it really wasnt necessary

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website