“ I was just wondering if there is an area of London popular with Deloitte staff? ”

Jordan T. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - London
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

11/02/2014
12 Live chat
I was just wondering if there is an area of London popular with Deloitte staff? I'm looking at accommodation in London but not being from the city it's hard to know what area to look at. Any advice or Recommendations?
11/02/2014
Senior Associate, Deloitte Real Estate

If you're moving down and don't know anyone, spareroom and gumtree are a good place to start looking for a house/ housemates. Also there's Deloitte new joiners facebook group, where confirmed new starters often arrange houseshares with each other.

In terms of area, the advice on the other thread is good- but remember, for a lot of service lines you will be in college/ on client site for well over 50% of your time- so don't plan your accommodation exclusively around getting to the main office easily!

11/02/2014
Associate, Global Employment Tax, Deloitte

Ah yes, I work in tax so I don't really have to take into consideration working at a client site as I spend 95% of my time in the office!

11/02/2014
Associate, Audit TMT, Deloitte

Hi Jordan, I was in the same boat as yourself. I sort of came down blind and tried to find somewhere. In fact I worked here for 6 weeks before I moved into my own place!
The best advice I could give is try and get to London and explore different areas and see where you like, the neighbourhoods are all quite different and some huge differences in price too!
Live near a tube line or a national rail line or both and you'll be fine for travel.
I live in SW London too but people at work live everywhere you can imagine

11/02/2014
Senior Associate, Corporate Finance, Deloitte LLP

Agree with Henry, you may want to choose somewhere with multiple transport links - buses, tubes, trains. The recent tube strikes are a prime example of this

11/02/2014
Senior Associate, Deloitte Real Estate

V.true Scott- we have a manager who commutes in from Bristol daily!

11/02/2014
Cinzia V.

Omg!! Thats crazy!!:)

11/02/2014
Associate, Audit TMT, Deloitte

Wow, that's just not for me!
I'm just under an hour door to door to the office by the time I walk to the tube, get the tube, walk to the office. The same journey takes me 40mins on the bike, worth thinking about and it's free

11/02/2014
Associate- International Assignment Services, Deloitte

When I joined there was a Facebook group set up for all the new joiners looking for accommodation in London. I found 3 great flatmates on there and we found a great place to live in Fulham.

The office is in a really good location in terms of tube lines. city Thameslink is just across the road, Blackfriars (circle/district) is a few minutes away, as is Farringdon (ham city, circle and metropolitan) and Chancery lane is really close too (central). I found this to be a good starting point in finding a place to live as I really didn't fancy a long commute with multiple line changes.

11/02/2014
London Audit Advisor, Deloitte UK

Hi Jordan - my commute takes 45/50minutes from door to door and this is pretty standard in terms of London commutes. I agree with Jonathan about using the Facebook group as many Graduates find flatmates and house shares this way.

11/02/2014
Jordan T.

Thanks for all your advice, do you know if there is a Facebook Group set up for 2014
summer interns?

11/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

I can confirm there will be a facebook group for 2014 which will be launched shortly

11/02/2014
Associate, Deloitte LLP

Definitely join the facebook group! It's great to know people in your intake before joining the firm!

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website