Laith L.
“ How many applicants there are versus places by the time we reach the partner interview? ”

Laith L. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - the Midlands
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

on 13/02/2014
11 Live chat
Hi everyone. Can I ask how many applicants there are versus places by the time we reach the partner interview in the selection process?
Alice Z.
on 13/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Hi Laith, it really depends on office/service line. As we open on 1st July each year, we fill more roles as the year progresses meaning if you apply later you are likely to be in the process with several other candidates. We don't usually confirm partner interviews with candidates unless we have roles remaining. We may however place applicants on hold whilst we wait for outcomes of interviews for candidates ahead in the process. I hope this makes sense?

Nick I.
on 13/02/2014
Associate, Deloitte

Hi Laith, I don't think there is a number set in stone, but I know Deloitte very much offer places on a first come first serve basis. Once you have got to the final interview stage, you have already passed the most intensive interview stages. From my experience, the partner interview stage is a stamp of approval from the partner. They want to get to know you and see if you would fit into the firm. Does this answer your question?

Laith L.
on 13/02/2014
Laith L.

Thanks for your answer, Alice. I was told in December that they were reaching out for interviewer availability and then invited for an interview day in January but I had an exam - I would have gone anyway but I was reassured that I wouldn't miss out on the opportunity! So I'm still waiting for a first round interview for Customer Consulting. Thanks Nick that clears it up - also, are we asked about different competencies in the partner interview than in the first round?

Alice Z.
on 13/02/2014

I see. Consulting does tend to fill sooner than other areas, as does London office generally but someone should be in touch soon to update you. In the first interview we look at Goal Orientation, Communication, Intellect Analysis and Judgement, Career Motivation and Planning & Organising. In the Partner interview we look at Career motivation again as this is key. We also assess Communication and Social Interaction. The new competencies we look for at final stage include Commercial Awareness - partly via the presentation and Challenge and Change.

Nick I.
on 13/02/2014
Associate, Deloitte

I think it depends on the partner to be honest. My personal experience is that the partner interview is not focussed so much on competencies. The first face to face interview is more competency based, and the partner interview is more informal, with a 5 minute presentation thrown in for good measure! As Alice has mentioned - there are always competencies that Deloitte are looking for. However communication social interaction will come to you more naturally

Alice Z.
on 13/02/2014

I'd agree the partner stage can often be shorter/less structured, but it's still important to prepare for a full interview as the partner's make the hiring decision! Knowing the competencies helps you know what they are guided by and what they are looking for. Commercial awareness is important at final stage so doing your research is important for success.

on 13/02/2014
Consultant, Deloitte

I think it definitely depends on the partner, as I remember discussing competencies during my final interview.

Laith L.
on 13/02/2014
Laith L.

Thanks again guys. Can I ask what tasks graduates themselves would be assigned on the graduate scheme for Consulting?

on 13/02/2014
Steven B.

Hi Laith,
The tasks you undertake while on the Graduate programme in Consulting will vary hugely depending on the area of consulting you join. One of the best things about any programme at Deloitte is that there is not set suite of work you do - the projects we work on are changing all the time and you'll be a part of that change and development.

on 01/03/2018
Khusan R.

Hi there.
I would like to ask what other assessment activities are there at the final stage apart from presentation?
I would appreciate your help.
Thanks

on 30/05/2018
Attraction Digital Marketing Advisor, Deloitte UK

Hi Khusan, you can find all info regarding our application process here: www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/ar… 

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Yet – as is our way – we’re always striving to be even better. We’re working hard to develop and refine the experience of working here. At the centre of that lies what we believe is a distinctive culture and way of working.

Visit website