Malik L.
“ A route into Deloitte having already completed the ACCA qualification? ”

Malik L. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - the Midlands
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

13/02/2014
13 Live chat
Hello

I am an international student who has already completed his ACCA (Professional Qualification). This means that I will be getting 12 Credit Transfers to ACA Qualification.

Having a professional Qualification like ACCA, I cannot apply for Graduates job neither I can apply for Experienced Jobs as I haven't got that type of experience to get in Deloitte.

Is there any other way or route for me to get into Deloitte ?
13/02/2014

Hi Malik, I would suggest applying to the graduate scheme as you could mention you have already completed ACCA and simply apply for exemptions for the ACA that you'd need to study as part of the graduate route. Does that answer your question ok? What area of the business are you interested in?

13/02/2014
Malik L.

But It is very unlikely that we will be selected as Deloitte looks for Graduates not the ones who have already completed Professional Qualification ?
I am interested in Audit. I will be getting 12 exemptions and will be left with only 2 papers of ICAEW.

13/02/2014

Providing you meet our academic requirements and are eligible to join the graduate scheme, we don't look at this added ACCA training unfavourably. Your circumstances would need to be discussed at interview stages but there is no reason why you couldn't join the graduate scheme. Any one can apply providing they have a 2.1 degree or are on track for one. If you are applying this year I'd encourage you to apply soon as we're starting to close many of our Midlands Audit pipelines for this year.

You'd need to make your circumstances clear on your application form which could then be discussed further at interview stage.

Sometimes people in your situation join the experienced hire route but you would need work experience for this - therefore it wouldn't be an option unless you gained work experience elsewhere at another accountancy firm first. Does this make sense?

13/02/2014
Malik L.

Ok I will apply for Graduate Scheme and see how it goes ?
Yes I know that most of the people in my situation go for experienced route but as I haven't got that experience as well I feel like I can never get into big firms :(

I will be getting my result on 23 March 2014. Should I wait for my results to come or apply now?

It is for sure that I will be getting First Class degree as I have got 68% average marks in the relevant papers of ACCA in order to get a first class degree from Oxford Brookes University.

13/02/2014

I would apply now Malik. Please don't be disheartened! It sounds like you have met our other requirements, so get applying! We won't need results of your ACCA as this isn't a requirement for the scheme. This is only relevant if you secure a graduate scheme offer as you'll gain exemptions from the ACA.

13/02/2014
Malik L.

Is it necessary to have A levels as well in order to apply for Graduate Schemes ?

13/02/2014

You will need to have A levels or, A level equivalents. Our academic requirements are detailed in full on the website but let me know if you're query relates to something specific?

13/02/2014
Malik L.

Yes my query is very specific

13/02/2014

Great ok, how can I help?

13/02/2014
Malik L.

I have not done A Levels and straightaway went for ACCA after school.
I did CAT (Certified Accountant Technician) its a qualification from ACCA and then I completed ACCA.
Once you do 9 papers of ACCA you get a bachelors degree from Oxford Brookes University classification of which is dependant on what marks you get in those 9 papers plus your marks in your thesis that you submit.
I will be getting First Class Degree from Oxford Brookes University on 23 March 2014.
Am I still eligible to apply as I haven't got A levels or any equivalent as such ?

13/02/2014

Hi Malik - we'd need to work out if what you studied is equivalent to A levels therefore we'd need to understand the entry requirements for Oxford Brookes and compare these to ours at A level standard. If you studies ACCA straight after school you'd need to make this clear on the application under A-level grades so we can compare like for like

13/02/2014
Malik L.

How would I make it clear ?

13/02/2014

There is a section on the application where you can write the qualifications you studied. You can either selection from a drop down or select 'other'. There is a space for free text on the form too where you can write what route you have studied. We can then assess if this qualification compares.

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Yet – as is our way – we’re always striving to be even better. We’re working hard to develop and refine the experience of working here. At the centre of that lies what we believe is a distinctive culture and way of working.

Visit website