“ Internship is for penultimate year students - What does it mean? ”

Anon user (#174818) asked a question in topic General
to Any Accounting, Audit & Financial Mgt Insiders

02/08/2016
Hello,
I just would like to know when it states an internship is for students in their penultimate year does it mean you have to already be in your third year (but will be going into your final year when the internship begins) or do you have to be in 2nd year but when you start the internship you will be going into third year?

I am just starting my third year but I don't know if I can apply for the summer internships for penultimate year students which begin next year( where I will be starting 4th year).

I hope this makes sense. Thank you!
03/08/2016
Senior Assistant, Deloitte UK

H, the Internship is designed to be completed in the summer before you go back for you final year. So if you have just started the 3rd year of a 4 year course, you will be able to apply! I recommend that you get your application in as soon as possible.

Hope that makes it a bit clearer!

Michelle

29/03/2019
Ramis K.

For someone who is doing masters which is only two years, what will the penultimate year mean?

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website