“ Any office that any of you have experience with and would like to recommend? ”

Sam G. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte 'ON AIR' Chat - Scotland & Northern Ireland
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

18/02/2014
10 Live chat
Sorry to join so late. Bit of a strange question but at the moment I honestly do not mind which office I apply to. I'm terrible at making these kinds of decisions. Any office that any of you have experience with and would like to recommend? :)
18/02/2014
Analyst, Consulting, Deloitte, UK

I have experience with both the Birmingham and London offices. Your experience of an office does depend however on which role you are applying for?

18/02/2014
Programme Design Advisor - National, Deloitte UK

Hi Sam, are you applying for a graduate role to start 2014?

18/02/2014
Sam G.

I graduate this summer so deciding on whether to take a year out first or apply for this year, looking at Tax which I assume you have a lot of opportunities in a lot of areas as it's the biggest service line?

18/02/2014

I worked in the GES tax department in Birmingham

18/02/2014
Steven B.

Hi Sam,
We have a great tool on the website which enables you to take a virtual tour of each office, as well as providing some supplementary information. Of course the area you're most interested in working should take precedence, but this can help give you a sense of the working environment, local geography etc etc

18/02/2014

Birmingham has a great close knit team, good social side including regular sports events, and is also in a great location.

18/02/2014
Programme Design Advisor - National, Deloitte UK

If you are looking to apply for Septembers intake - we do still have roles available in Aberdeen and Glasgow. Specifically within Tax.

Regarding office preference, I think using the tool Steven has mentioned would be a great start for you to see what you can expect from each. benefits of regional offices, such as Aberdeen are that you will be interacting closely with your colleagues across various service lines as it is a smaller office. This will allow you to gain exposure to some areas that you would not have any contact with should you be in a bigger office.

18/02/2014
Sam G.

Thanks a lot Steven! Not sure how I didn't notice that hidden there! I'm going to take a quick look now. Thanks for all your responses also.

18/02/2014
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Also, when you do apply make sure you demonstrate that you have really considered the office you are applying to. An answer that you could work there is never good enough, you always need to demonstrate why you want to work there.

18/02/2014
Sam G.

Great. I'll definitely use the tool as a starting point. Cheers. Was hoping to get something like this tool from your responses so it's worked out nicely. Thank you!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website