“ What sort of qualities does Deloitte look for in an employee? Thank you! ”

Martha M. asked a question
during the live chat Consulting Strategy and Operations Analyst Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

19/08/2016
8 Live chat
19/08/2016

Hi Martha. Analysts are expected to be confident, clear in thinking and communication, pro-active and resilient. Attitude is key - by building a reputation for yourself where people within your function want to pro-actively work with you, you will have access to a wide range of interesting projects

19/08/2016
Martha M.

Thank you Josh.
Do you feel as though you have learnt a lot about constancy and S&O during your time at Deloitte? Did you have a lot of experience prior?

19/08/2016
Consultant, Deloitte

Hi Martha, thanks for joining!

I would say that some of the qualities that employees at Deloitte have in common are:

-Iintegrity / honesty
- "Can do" attitude
- Curiosity and the desire to learn
- Communication and networking skills - these are essential to build your personal brand within the firm
- Resilience and the ability to learn quickly!

By joining Deloitte you will have the opportunity to deliver value to our clients, gain a better of the understanding of the industries we operate in and get exposure to a range of different projects across companies of different sizes/spanning different industries.

19/08/2016

Hi Martha - I only had theoretical knowledge of the work and industry before joining. I have learnt so much!

19/08/2016
Martha M.

Wonderful! I have not studied much business/finance but have some knowledge of economics, statistics and analysis. Do you think this will be a problem for me at Deloitte? Thank you again

19/08/2016
Analyst, Deloitte

Hi Martha, that certainly won't be a problem. The training is excellent when you first join (including the CIMA certificate) and people are great at helping you learn on the job. Deloitte looks for the broader qualities outlined by the guys above, rather than technical expertise.

19/08/2016

Hi Martha. I agree with Nick - I studied Biology with little business experience!

19/08/2016
Martha M.

That is fantastic. Thank you all for your help!

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Yet – as is our way – we’re always striving to be even better. We’re working hard to develop and refine the experience of working here. At the centre of that lies what we believe is a distinctive culture and way of working.

Visit website