“ Would one need basis knowledge of Forensic Tech. for a Financial Crime grad placement? ”

Lawrence L. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Forensic Technology Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

23/11/2016
16 Live chat
23/11/2016
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Hi Lawrence,

Thank you for your question and I can confirm that you will not need any specific knowledge of Forensic Technology for the Financial Crime graduate position but of course I would encourage you to conduct research into the role and the related groups

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Thank you, Neil

23/11/2016
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

No problem at all, is there anything else I can help with?

23/11/2016
Forensic Technology Technical Director, Deloitte UK

Hi Lawrence - what degree are you studying?

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Hello Victoria, I am studying Economics and Spanish at Leeds. I have a few questions regarding Forensic Technology itself, what kinds of projects would it involve? How would that translate on a day-to-day structure?

23/11/2016
Forensic Technology Technical Director, Deloitte UK

We work with the Disputes, Investigations and Financial Crime teams within Forensic performing a variety of tasks ranging from the data collection, document review and data analysis

For some projects we design workflow tools to help the Investigation teams manage their review work

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Is it a challenge collecting data across various departments or is it a standardized procedure? What challenges have you faced collecting data from clients operating on a variety of networks?

23/11/2016
Senior Associate, Deloitte UK

Hi Lawrence

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Hi Hammad

23/11/2016

Large organisations tend to have a defined IT structure with controls in place. Typically we work with the client to map out how their data is stored before we go in to extract it. Having said that, it is always a challenge collating data from different types of enterprise systems used by large organisations.

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Thank you, Hammad. Have you found any trends in the work recently? Are there increasing needs for intervention?

23/11/2016

One of the trends has been the increasing dependency on technology by both the regulators and our clients. This is being used to reduce risks faced by organisations around their compliance processes

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Thanks, that's very interesting. How do you envisage the industry developing in the coming years?

23/11/2016

As I mentioned, with an increased emphasis on technology in this space the industry will grow in the coming years. We are beginning to see some really smart tools being employed around audio and voice analytics

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Thank you, Hammad. Very exciting to see how these tools will impact the processes involved in the work

23/11/2016

Happy to help!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website