“ A lot of candidates ask me "How can I stand out in an interview" please feel free to ask me any questions around this ”

Neil C. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Forensic Technology Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

23/11/2016
21 Live chat
23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

How does one stand out in an interview? Is the STAR model one that Deloitte looks closely at?

23/11/2016
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Hi Lawrence,

Very good question and the STAR model can certainly help structure your answer in an interview situation when providing a complex example. We would really assess the relevance of the example provided and I would always use examples that demonstrate your key skills for instance team work,communication and how you work with others in order to achieve results

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Ok thank you, Neil

23/11/2016

The Deloitte interview is very holistic and you will be assessed against a set framework of attributes in addition to a case study assessment so I would certainly approach any interview with some examples in mind and ideally an example that does hold some complexity and challenges whether that is deadlines, people involved or a high workload

23/11/2016
Lawrence L.

Are there any particular attributes that hold more weight or is a more well-rounded character preferred?

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

I have made a graduate application recently for Forensic Technology. How many stages of interview are there, and when can I expect to hear back?

23/11/2016

Hi Mayur, thank you for your message and your application to the Forensic Technology team

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

Hi Neil! No problem. I am really excited by a career in eDiscovery.

23/11/2016

This will take several days, it can take a little longer if the team are verifying your qualifications but if you do not have an update in the next day or two then I would suggest reaching out to the team. After this has been completed you will then be invited to take our online assessments

Great to hear you are so keen on the opportunity, would you like to know more about the eDiscovery team as this may well support your application?

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

OK. No I haven't received any follow up message about sitting a test (I am not sure who to email - I figured it was best to just wait and see). Yes I would like to know more, thank you.

23/11/2016

Thanks Mayur, I will reach out to the team and ensure you are updated :-)

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

Fantastic - I look forward to hearing back :)

23/11/2016
Forensic Technology Technical Director, Deloitte UK

During your time on the Graduate Training programme you will be asked to spend one year in each discipline eDiscovery and Forensic Analytics

During your time in eDiscovery you will gain experience of using our review management tools; Relativity and Brain space

And some time in Computer Forensics imaging and collecting data using tools such as encase and FT Toolkit

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

Ah yes - I have read about Relativity. I have done some forensic analysis with Wireshark, Encase & SleuthKit, and have written my dissertation on data analysis with Python. Please look out for my CV :)

23/11/2016

That sounds great as we use Python. During your time in Forensic Analytics you will gain experience of analysing and presenting data using tools such as SQL and i2, Neo4j. Are you studying Computer Forensics?

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

I'm reading Software Engineering, during which time I have elected numerous modules on Security (the most relevant being Forensics, which was my favourite)

23/11/2016

Forensics is an interesting area to work in, I have really enjoyed my time in this area

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

About 50% of my modules have a security focus, with the rest on computer science. Yes it's great to know that you are making a positive difference in the world. I haven't had much luck with the experienced hire roles (my CV is with Tom Purrier), so hopefully I can get into the graduate track! :)

Thank you for your advice.

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

Thank you for your advice.

23/11/2016

Very best of luck in the selection process Mayur!

23/11/2016
Mayur P.

Thank you!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website