“ How to prepare for first round interview and what are competencies that Deloitte is looking for Audit graduate role? ”

Anon user (#179964) asked a question in topic General
to Any Accounting, Audit & Financial Mgt Insiders

29/11/2016
what aspects to include when talking about your project? what to look in regards to commercial knowledge for audit role? I
07/12/2016
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Hi there! Thanks for your question, the first round interview will explore what we call motivations and behaviours. The first 10 minutes will explore why you want to work at Deloitte and why you want to work within Audit, we'll also ask you to highlight your understanding of what an auditor does and what you could be doing if you join us on the Audit scheme. During the behaviours section of the interview we will be exploring a range of different behaviours that we know are key for a successful career within Deloitte Audit. This part of the interview will take about 40 minutes and we will ask you to speak through one piece of work or a project that is quite meaty in terms of it's demands, objectives and has involved other people. As you start to speak through your project your interviewer will stop and probe you on certain aspects of the project to get into the detail of what you have done and how you have done it. Your project can be from any aspect of your life, University work, extra curricular activities, work experience - we don't mind! We do just ask that it has occurred in the last 12 months. At the end of the interview there will be time for you to ask you interviewer any questions you may have - thanks, Leah

07/12/2016
Simranjeet S.

Thank you Leah for your profound insight.

I have got an first round interview next week in Nottingham and wanted to know would my first interview include an group exercise or any other assessments?

In addition, I will be very grateful to you if you can shed some light on the skills and competencies needed to be successful in audit graduate role.

Many Thanks,
Simran

08/12/2016
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Hi Simranjeet,

I hope you are well.

With regards to your assessment for Audit in Nottingham you are not required to do a group exercise, it will simply be a case study and interview on the day.

Unfortunately we unable to inform you of the key competencies we assess within our Audit selection process but thinking about your key transferable skills is a good starting point.

All the best for your interview!

Deepti

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website