“ A lot of people ask me for any and hints and tips on the Deloitte selection process. Do say if you have any questions ”

Neil C. asked a question
during the live chat Cyber Security Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

12/12/2016
9 Live chat
12/12/2016
Jo S.

Good afternoon Neil, I have a quick question about the application process. that I'm hoping you can answer.
I am currently studying my MSc in InfoSec and will be graduating next year. I want to apply for the graduate programme in cyber security at Deloitte but I'm not sure if I meet the academic requirements.
I got a 2:2 in my undergrad in IT but since then have worked in the IT industry for 2 years and started my Masters. Will this experience be enough to be eligible for the graduate programme?

12/12/2016
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Hi Jo,

Thank you for your question and I hope the MSc is going well! In terms of the graduate criteria we do hold an academic requirement for the role but we of course do take into account many factors for instance if there was any mitigating circumstances that have hindered performance on the undergraduate degree but if this is not the case then we can potentially consider you for a junior level experienced hire role.

12/12/2016
Jo S.

Thank you for your answer. In terms of training and development, is there much of a difference between the junior level experienced hire and a graduate scheme?

12/12/2016
Manager, Cyber, Deloitte

Hi Jo

12/12/2016
Jo S.

Hi Jake

12/12/2016
Manager, Cyber, Deloitte

For previous experience, when we've had people join the team as an experienced hire but in a junior role, they have been put through the same training as our grads are put through we they join - this includes things like cyber bootcamp (a week long course in cyber security fundamentals run by De Montford Uni) but also more business focused and consulting skills like time management, interview skills, presenting etc.

This is useful for integrating yourself with people at your grade and also building your skillset. But I would say it would be fairly flexible - there may be things based on the training that wouldn't be that useful /relevant for you based on your experience that you could skip if agreed with the learning team and yourself.

12/12/2016
Jo S.

Excellent thank you, Jake for that very useful information. I think a junior experienced hire position might be more suitable. Thank you for your time.

12/12/2016
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Very best of luck with the role you choose to pursue, Jo

12/12/2016
Jo S.

Thank you Neil!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website