“ As an international student who has just graduated, do I stand a chance for the graduate program scheme? ”

OGECHI O. asked a question
during the live chat Forensic Technology Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

20/03/2017
11 Live chat
20/03/2017
Senior Associate, Deloitte UK

Hi Ogechi,
Thanks for your question. Having graduated from the University Of Hertfordshire as an international student myself, I would encourage you to apply as Deloitte is an A rated Tier 2 sponsor and all graduate program applications to Forensic Technology are considered irrespective of your nationality Additionally, in Forensic Technology we have graduates from a range of different nationalities.

20/03/2017
Chun(Cathy) L.

I am also an international student and will finish my master study in early September. I heard that we can only apply graduate schemes started from 2018 because we can not get our master certificate by this September. Is this true?

20/03/2017
OGECHI O.

Oh that's nice. What if we have few more months left in on our student visa, can we still apply because according to the rule, we need to exit the country?

20/03/2017
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Hi Ogechi, very good question! In terms of the process we would normally go through I would recommend reviewing our student visa pages which should provide all of the relevant details: www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/ar… 

This all depends on the status of your visa the process will vary and this will also depend on when your visa expires.

20/03/2017
OGECHI O.

Thanks Neil for your prompt reply. I only have 2 months left before my visa expires, does this limit my chances of applying?

20/03/2017
Assistant Manager, Deloitte UK

Hi Ogechi, you will need a valid visa at the time of the graduate scheme start date in September of this year. Please do take the time to review our immigration pages in case there are any circumstances that we are not aware of. Alternatively, I would urge you to speak to your university and the home office to review the options you have available to you in terms of extending your visa expiry date.

20/03/2017
OGECHI O.

Hi Lucy, I have made the enquiry regarding the visa but all I was told is that I would have to return to my country and then come back with a visitors' visa, since my graduation is in July and the visa expires in May.

20/03/2017
Taiwo G.

Hi Ogechi, that's true. My visa expires in January 2018 and would finish my master's this September. Can you still apply? For the graduate scheme?

20/03/2017
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

Many thanks Ogechi, I can confirm that the circumstances will absolutely vary depending on the status of your visa, the expiry date and your graduation. We do have a set process around visa sponsorship and I would suggest applying to the programme and once we have your full application details we will then be best placed to review if there is any possible opportunities for us to provide sponsorship.

Please review our work permit pages for further details. www2.deloitte.com/uk/en/pages/careers/ar… 

20/03/2017
OGECHI O.

Great information, I will review all the information and make my application accordingly hopefully, it will work out. Thanks for the excellent session, it was a good one. Enjoy the rest of the day everyone!

20/03/2017
Assistant Manager, Deloitte UK

Thank you for joining the session!

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website