Sarvesh P.
“ Hello, I would like to apply for the 2018 graduate scheme but I dont know for which role I should apply for? ”

Sarvesh P. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Forensic Technology Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

on 10/10/2017
13 Live chat
I am a third year software engineering student in the UK and I am an international student.
on 10/10/2017

Hi Sarvesh, there are two different roles on the scheme, one is the standard Electronic Discovery and Data Analytics role and the other is the Development role.

The Development role sounds like it might be of interest to you, as the development team involves building software in different languages and would utilise your software engineering degree nicely

Sarvesh P.
on 10/10/2017
Sarvesh P.

Hello Shaun, thank you very much. What kind of programming skills do I need for the Development role?

on 10/10/2017

There is no pre-requisite for programming skills in particular, mostly it is important that you have an interest and are willing to learn some skills as part of the role.

However to give you a flavour we use multiple languages regularly including C# and javascript, and leverage cloud based technologies such as AWS.

Sarvesh P.
on 10/10/2017
Sarvesh P.

Thank you. Also because I am an international student, my visa will expire next year in October. Will it be a drawback for the application process?

Can you please send me the link for development role graduate scheme I should apply for?

on 10/10/2017

Hi Sarvesh, if you are applying for the Autumn 2018 intake then this is fine. Your visa expiry would not be a draw back for the application process.

on 10/10/2017

Both roles come under the same scheme, so you just need to apply to the FT scheme and then you can make your preference known as part of the application process.

jobs2.deloitte.com/uk/en/job/DELOA004X15… 

You can follow the instructions at that link to apply.

Sarvesh P.
on 10/10/2017
Sarvesh P.

Thank you Amelia. Thank you Shaun. I will apply for it soon. Also I do not have any work experience. I hope it is not a drawback as well.

on 10/10/2017

Hi Sarvesh, that's great - we look forward to receiving your application! With regards to work experience, do not worry. We recognise that this is an entry level role, so we are just looking for candidates with the relevant skills/strengths. All successful candidates will receive training as part of the scheme.

on 10/10/2017

I didn't have work experience before joining, so there's no need to worry on that point

Sarvesh P.
on 10/10/2017
Sarvesh P.

Thank you very much Amelia. Thank you Shaun.

Mengxiao Q.
on 10/10/2017
Mengxiao Q.

Shaun, you mentioned in the thread "C#" , I think it's for web development, what is the use case in investigations?

on 10/10/2017

Hi Mengxiao, C# does have a web development aspect in MVC, but it has much wider applications as well.

Within the department it has been used in lots of settings, including data conversions, processing, CLR functions in SQL, ...

Also it has been used to automate tasks that would otherwise be performed manually, so it's pretty flexible.

That being said, we have also used it for web development within the development team, web-based applications have been more suitable in some cases than traditional desktop applications.

Mengxiao Q.
on 10/10/2017
Mengxiao Q.

Great. Thanks!

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Yet – as is our way – we’re always striving to be even better. We’re working hard to develop and refine the experience of working here. At the centre of that lies what we believe is a distinctive culture and way of working.

Visit website