“ Can you share some general advice for a new grad-consultant? ”

Jun-Xiang Z. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Consulting Technology Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

17/11/2017
5 Live chat
Hi,

Would you mind to sharing some advice for a new grad-consultant? What do you wish you had known before you started your consulting career?

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Jay
17/11/2017
Senior Consultant, Deloitte

Hi Jay - great question.

I would say:
1. Approach every opportunity with an open mind, and ready to learn
2. Never be afraid to ask questions - most questions you think are 'dumb' definitely aren't!
3. All Deloitte people are keen to help grads, use them and learn from their experiences
4. Be prepared to work hard, but you'll be able to play hard too :) there are a great range of activities / clubs / project social events to get involved in

17/11/2017
Jun-Xiang Z.

Hi Tom, I really appreciate your advice.

17/11/2017

No problem!

17/11/2017
Jun-Xiang Z.

Nice. Thank you again.

Hi Tom, is there any material I use to better prepare myself for a consulting life, like books?

17/11/2017

Any business / communication related material - mainly focusing on real life rather than theory. I would start with some biographies of some of your business heros!

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

We pride ourselves on being a great place to work. Yet – as is our way – we’re always striving to be even better. We’re working hard to develop and refine the experience of working here. At the centre of that lies what we believe is a distinctive culture and way of working.

Visit website