“ Are there any opportunities for PhD students/graduates in Cyber Department of Deloitte? ”

Krittameth T. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Cyber Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

08/12/2017
7 Live chat
Opportunities include graduate jobs, work shadowing, voluntary work, temporary work, any small projects that I could help on yo get a flavour of the job?
08/12/2017

Hi Krittameth unfortunately we don't do internships or anything similar. You'll have to apply through the normal graduate route to join.

08/12/2017
Krittameth T.

Do you mean the graduate programme?

08/12/2017

Hi Krittameth yes the graduate programme.

Hi Krittameth other areas of Deloitte, particularly other areas of Risk Advisory which have some overlap with Cyber do offer internships and work experience however. Joining one of those could be a good way to see if Deloitte is a good fit for you.

08/12/2017
Krittameth T.

Thank you, Alex.
Can you tell me some of the things you do on a typical day (as part of your role)?
What skills do you use most often?

08/12/2017

Hi Krittameth. As a developer I currently spend most of my day programming. Currently within my project I use languages such as Python, Go, Javascript, and Cypher. We also use an agile methodology in our work so we have sprint meetings at least twice a week where we discuss the work we've done during the week and divide up work for the following week.

08/12/2017
Krittameth T.

How did you obtain those skills?
Are there any background experience or any courses that would be helpful to get into Cyber team?

08/12/2017

Hi Krittameth I gained most of these skills from reading online sources and practicing. If you're completely new to programming a good place to start would be www.codecademy.com  which will take you though the basics. If you're not new and wish to gain more experience I would advise you to get involved with an open source project on GitHub. There are many available and lots of them are to do with Cyber Security so would give you experience in some of the things we do in our team

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website