“ How to apply for Autumn 2018? ”

Ibrahim A. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte Cyber Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

08/12/2017
14 Live chat
Please discuss if there are any opportunities for international students who are currently doing there MSc in Security, all the applications get rejected from the beginning!
08/12/2017
Manager, Cyber, Deloitte

Hi Ibrahim.

We have loads of opportunities for international students (I don't know that much about VISA requirements but they'll be on the website).

Most MSc students would come in on our graduate scheme, for which applications are currently open to start next year (Sept 2018).

We only let people apply once a year for this application. I would check first if you meet the VISA requirements.

If you do, then maybe you're not meeting some of our other criteria, but without looking at your application, I wouldn't know what that is.

08/12/2017
Ibrahim A.

I tried applying for the graduate scheme, as well as my mates and it got rejected from the beginning.

Only the students who are UK residents got to the next level.

08/12/2017
Ibrahim A.

Dear Ibrahim,

Following a full review of your application to Deloitte I am sorry to tell you that we will not be taking your application any further as you do not meet the requirements for the Full Time Graduate.

We would like to thank you for the interest that you have shown in Deloitte and wish you every success in securing the right opportunity in the near future.

Many thanks,

Justyna
Deloitte Student Recruitment Team

08/12/2017
Manager, Cyber, Deloitte

I know from our current intake and people we have offered jobs to start next year that a number of them are international students. I'd recommend either trying again next year, or maybe look at joining Deloitte in a few years when you have some industry experience.

If you want to email jcrobinson@deloitte.co.uk

Joanne is our HR point of contact - if you message her, she can give you more insight on your application.

08/12/2017
Ibrahim A.

That's great, Thank you. Can you tell me more about your cyber security projects? Do you have any projects in Industrial control systems or SCADA?

08/12/2017
Manager, Cyber, Deloitte

So we recently recruited a number of resources to develop our ICS and SCADA capability.

We're now working with a number of different organisations, including oil and gas and power utilities, so assist them with the secure running of those systems.

I can't say too much as obviously those clients are considered critical national infrastructure so are quite secretive.

08/12/2017
Ibrahim A.

Actually, I was interested in this specific field because for my background in Electronics Engineering and my previous experience in SCADA, control systems and working with oil & gas companies in the gulf (around 4 years experience in total)

08/12/2017
Manager, Cyber, Deloitte

It's definitely an in demand area, and our team is looking to grow in that space.

08/12/2017
Ibrahim A.

But the team who visited our uni in careers fair were from a non technical background who seem to not know what I was taking about unlike KPMG.

Is it possible to get connected with the cyber team so they can advise me on the skills required in the domain?

08/12/2017
Contractor, Deloitte UK

Hi Ibrahim. The representatives present on this live chat are from our Cyber team and are best placed to answer your questions

08/12/2017
Ibrahim A.

Hi Sam, as I mentioned I tried applying for the graduate scheme and got rejected from the start. How can I know what is the reason? can I apply again?

08/12/2017
National Service Line Advisor - Risk Advisory, Deloitte

Hi Ibrahim, please email me on jcrobinson@deloitte.co.uk and I can look into why your application was rejected and advise you from there. You can reapply after 6 months of being rejected.

08/12/2017
Ibrahim A.

I did, please check your email.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thank you all.

08/12/2017
National Service Line Advisor - Risk Advisory, Deloitte

No problem, will be in touch shortly

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website