“ What is the most unique thing about working at Deloitte? ”

Sophie T. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte ON AIR - your questions answered
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

28/10/2014
9 Live chat
I've read that Deloitte offers employees in the various service lines the opportunity to also contribute to the efficient running of Deloitte itself through working with central services - I'd love to understand more about this
28/10/2014
Residential Valuations, Deloitte Real Estate

Hi Sophie. This is going to be a tough one for me to answer as I am still relatively new here (about three months.) But I would have to say the number one thing that separates Deloitte from other companies is the different service lines that they offer. For example, Real Estate. When you work here you will have the opportunity to go meetings that involve other service lines allowing you to better understand the synergy that can exist.

28/10/2014

In addition, the training at Deloitte has been absolutely fantastic.

28/10/2014
Sarah L.

Hi Niall, could you tell me what it is about the training that's been fantastic?

28/10/2014

Well first of all no matter what area you are placed in you will have a team that is completely willing to help you along the entire time. Everybody is there to train you. Second of all...

28/10/2014

depending on the type of position you are looking for, the training will be different. Over the next two years I will be working towards my assessment of professional competence. There is a support group to help you along the way. I will have a supervisor under each rotation and a mentor who I can ask questions to the entire time

28/10/2014
Sophie T.

Thanks, Niall - that's really helpful

28/10/2014

In addition to the position based training, the HR team at Deloitte also provides great training. We had an induction week to Deloitte where all of the Corporate Finance grads were shipped away to hotel in Oxford for a week to undergo training for everyday life at Deloitte. This week was extremely fun but also useful at the same time.

28/10/2014

and a great way to make friends with the other grads.

28/10/2014
Sarah L.

Thank you Niall, it sounds great!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website