“ I am interested in the Forensic Technology role at Deloitte, what are the projects and work like? ”

Navi W. asked a question
during the live chat Early application community - online chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

10/06/2015
10 Live chat
10/06/2015
Forensic Technology Associate, Deloitte UK

Hi Navi, I am currently in the Forensic Technology grad programme which has two rotations - Data Analytics and Electronic Discovery

At the moment I am in my Data Analytics rotation and have worked on several projects with other departments such as Tax. One project I did was on client site regarding a Tax law and I had to use Microsoft SQL Server to analyse the data.

10/06/2015
Navi W.

Do you have to do a lot of programming? If yes what programming languages do you mainly use?

10/06/2015

A lot of the work in DA is based on client site and can be abroad, so if you are interested in travelling, there are many opportunities. I hadn't really done any programming before I came and they teach you SQL, which is what we mainly use.

But if you're interesting in other languages like C# or Java, there are opportunities in the Business Development side of things where we develop our own tools and software

10/06/2015
Navi W.

I am currently in the process of searching for a vacancy within Technology, I prefer it to be London - I only see Forensic Technology a role to be based in London am i correct?

10/06/2015

Yes that's correct, although there is also a Technology Consulting grad scheme too, but I am not sure if you have to do programming in that scheme.

10/06/2015
Navi W.

Is there a Technology Consulting Summer Internship in London? I am going to be doing Tech Consultancy for a year so that could be an ideal role for me to apply to

10/06/2015
Early Identification Manager, Deloitte UK

There is a consulting summer vacation scheme, you can apply to this and then if successful we will do our best to allocate you to technology.

10/06/2015
Navi W.

Yes that would be great, so I can just mention in my application that I am interested in a Summer internship in Consulting within London, however I am willing to travel if need be

10/06/2015
Early Identification Manager, Deloitte UK

I wouldn't worry about mentioning travel in your application, that is something that you could mention in interview if needs be. However we do expect that people joining consulting would be happy to travel

10/06/2015
Navi W.

Thank you very much Victoria and Nehal, really appreciate your time.

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website