“ What are the daily tasks of a risk advisory intern? Would an intern have similar responsibilities to a graduate? ”

Jess A. asked a question
during the live chat Early application community - online chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

10/06/2015
5 Live chat
Thanks in advance!
10/06/2015
Risk Consultant, Deloitte UK

Hi Jess. As an intern in Risk Advisory you would most likely be providing support to a number of engagements. This could include preparing PowerPoints and other documents to support the engagement team and attending meetings with clients. The work would most likely be fairly similar to that of a graduate just with a little less responsibility.

We try to give the interns a bit of a mixture of different projects and across different teams within the department to let you decide which team you would like to apply for and work out why you think you are a good match.

10/06/2015
Jess A.

Hi Spencer, thanks for your response, it's good to hear that there is the opportunity to circulate and get a feel for different teams. You mentioned that interns support the engagement team, please could you expand on the role of that particular group?

10/06/2015

You essentially get treated as the first year graduates are when they join but with a little bit less responsibility. So you could expect to be doing the sort of work I was doing 7/8 months ago. This included helping more senior team members to prepare and create presentations, brainstorm solutions to client problems, write reports on the risks a client is facing. You are overseen and guided for the whole programme and most pieces of work are directly for a graduate or someone only a few years older than you who understand the programme you are on.

10/06/2015
Jess A.

Thanks for your response Andrew, what advice would you give to someone applying for an internship? Also, what did you find most interesting when you were doing the tasks mentioned in your reply?

10/06/2015

I liked that I was able to ask questions at any time no matter what I was working on. You're not expected to be able to do everything for yourself, anytime you spend here is a chance to learn and develop. If you are applying for an internship its important to come across talkative and interested in the area you are applying to. Ask lots of questions, not just to seem interested but there must be a lot about the company / department you don't know about. In my first round interview I asked a load of Qs because I wanted to know more about Risk Advisory.

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website