“ What made you pick the risk advisory division at Deloitte? ”

Maureen N. asked a question
during the live chat Risk Advisory Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

17/06/2015
6 Live chat
17/06/2015
Technology Risk And Controls, Deloitte UK

Hi, Risk Advisory for me was the best fit. It combines technology with financial controls, which provides a solid grounding suitable for a lot of good career options within technology and finance. In my department, we are also offered the ACA, which is a bonus as it is a highly respected qualification and leads to a lot of opportunities.

17/06/2015
Risk Consultant, Deloitte UK

For me it is the most interesting area of work. I feel it is more diverse than Audit or Tax based work and less financial based than Corporate Finance. Also the option of doing the ACA qualification is a big draw to grads, but you don't have to do it which is nice.

17/06/2015

I joined for my team rather than the wider service line. I am part of the Resilience team and was primarily interesting in crisis management and conflict - so this was a perfect fit!

17/06/2015

Following on from Will's point, Resilience is also moving into geopolitical risk analysis, which is an area I was particularly interested in when applying.

17/06/2015
Consultant, Deloitte UK

Hi Maureen, thanks for the question. During my time at university I had a lot of lecturers that focused on business risk and I quickly discovered that this is an area I am very interested in. After doing a bit of research I noticed that this is becoming a big topic of discussion in various industries and that everyone is becoming more and more aware of how important it is to manage risk effectively. I was very interested in having the opportunity to advise those companies so selecting Risk Advisory came naturally. I would say the hard bit was choosing what specific are of Risk Advisory to apply for as they are all interesting and have a lot to offer.

17/06/2015
Maureen N.

Thank you! The ACA is what initially attracted me to this division but your comments have helped to get a better understanding of the different opportunities within this division. It seems there is a lot of choice, which is great!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website