“ Is there a typical type of organisation that the Risk Advisory team tend to deal with, or is there a large variety? ”

Amelia R. asked a question
during the live chat Risk Advisory Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

17/06/2015
8 Live chat
17/06/2015
Technology Risk And Controls, Deloitte UK

Hi Amelia, we work with a lot of different clients. In my first 10 months here I have worked on Financial Services clients, Civil Service departments, Recruitment agencies, Fashion retailers and many more. There is no typical client in the department but each client has risks that we can help them with.

17/06/2015
Consultant, Deloitte UK

Hi Amelia, that's a great question. I would say Risk Advisory has an advantage in this area as we work with all sorts of clients from various industries and we get time in the beginning to explore different opportunities. If you know you want to go for a specific industry from the beginning then that's possible as well, but if you don't then there's no pressure to choose.

So far in 10 months, I have worked with insurance companies, banks, consumer business clients and media clients

17/06/2015
Consultant, Deloitte UK

Hi Amelia. Risk Advisory is such a varied arm of Deloitte and there are a great number of teams that sit within it. As such, there's a huge variety of organisations that we deal with. I work in the Sustainability team and we have around 20 people in the team; over the last year I've worked with huge mining companies, hospital trusts, financial institutions and consumer business clients.

17/06/2015
Amelia R.

Great, thank you very much for your help. It sounds like a really interesting sector with a lot of variety, which definitely appeals to me. How long does it generally take to deal with a client?

17/06/2015
Consultant, Deloitte UK

My shortest engagement was 4 days and my longest one about 3 months. So I would say it really depends on the client and the type of work you are doing for them. It might be a quick review or it might be an in-depth project. What you'll see is that also sometimes you end up working with 1 or 2 other people and sometimes you are in a team of 10 people or more.

17/06/2015
Technology Risk And Controls, Deloitte UK

Hi Nathan,
1) It is growing! The department is winning work with both existing clients and new clients. Deloitte has a great reputation among the big 4.
2) I have travelled around the UK, although I have mostly been based in London. There are opportunities to travel abroad. I am booked to a project in Barcelona later this year!

17/06/2015
Nathan S.

Hi Zohair, thanks for your answer. A growing department means lots of interesting and challenging projects and I am keen to experience some international work.

17/06/2015
Risk Consultant, Deloitte UK

On a side note there is the possibility to transfer between Deloitte firms across the world, especially after you have worked for 2-3 years in one place. This is what I plan to do in the future. Because Deloitte is such large company, most countries have Deloitte offices working on the same kind of projects you would experience in the UK offices.

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website