“ Did any of you complete the ACA? What was the work and study schedule like? ”

Maureen N. asked a question
during the live chat Risk Advisory Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

17/06/2015
7 Live chat
17/06/2015
Consultant, Deloitte UK

I am currently doing the ACA and I just did exams 7,8 and 9 last week. We went to college for the first 2 exams as part of our initial training when we started and sat the exams after. Then the next 4 you do in the period November-March. But overall you get tuition in college or self study days for all of them. You will have an exam manager that will support you continuously as well so any queries you have will be addressed promptly.

It does take a lot of effort but as we were told in college, this is a qualification that turns you into a well rounded business adviser.

17/06/2015
Technology Risk And Controls, Deloitte UK

Hi Maureen, I am currently studying for the ACA. It is a big commitment. I would re-iterate what Radi has said. We receive time off work to study in college but it does require a lot of effort to get through the exams. It is manageable though and there is an exam manager to help you through it. You also study with your colleagues at Deloitte, which makes it very fun as it feels like being in school again!

17/06/2015
Maureen N.

Thank you Radi and Zohair. Do you think this hinders which projects you get to work on? Are you more likely to work on shorter projects compared to those who do not take on the ACA?

17/06/2015
Consultant, Deloitte UK

No I would not say that's the case. I have done both long and short projects, based on the project availability of course. I would say there might be the odd project that takes place when you are in college but that doesn't mean you will not have the opportunity to be on something similar in the following months or the year after.

17/06/2015
Technology Risk And Controls, Deloitte UK

Hi Maureen, managers are made aware of how long you are able to work for and they understand the importance of the ACA time commitment. I have been booked on projects around my ACA study. The most important thing is to communicate with managers to let them know. I have been based on long and short projects around the ACA.

17/06/2015
Maureen N.

That's great news, thanks again!

17/06/2015
Consultant, Deloitte UK

You're welcome. Also I forgot to mention that when you are on study leave this is respected by your colleagues and you will not have spend study time on project work.

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website