“ Thank you for taking the time to speak to me. Could you please tell me about life in tax consulting? ”

Lesley-Anne O. asked a question
during the live chat Explore Summer schemes in Tax Consulting!
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

23/04/2019
7 Live chat
In particular what you find most challenging, team sizes and how you foster collaboration and innovation. Thank you.
23/04/2019
Business Tax Consultant, Deloitte

Hi Lesley-Anne. I would say in general life at Deloitte is very much about collaboration and teamwork. Team sizes will vary based on how big the engagement or client might be, but you will no doubt always be supported by other team members at different levels, whilst being given the opportunity to push yourself!

Collaboration and innovation is fostered in many different ways. There are constantly training sessions put on and knowledge share sessions to allow people across the practice to work together. Deloitte are also very focused on innovation - we have recently opened up a technology hub within the Reading office!

23/04/2019
Hermann L.

How did you find the people who work in the technology hub ? Did you recruit new people, or did you transfer people already working for Deloitte ? Are there opportunities to discover new sectors within tax ?

23/04/2019

I believe this was a mixture of recruiting new people, and also transferring people who already worked within Deloitte! There are constantly new opportunities to discover new areas, and Deloitte in general is very open in terms of discovering the most innovative ways that we can work.

23/04/2019
Lesley-Anne O.

Thank you. Can you tell me about your career progression at Deloitte?

23/04/2019
Analyst, Deloitte UK

Hi Lesley-Anne, I have been at Deloitte for almost two years and there is certainly a strong focus on progression. If you join as a graduate, typically your graduate scheme will last two years and afterwards you will move into the consultant band. Deloitte have clear goals that they ask you to achieve so it is clear what areas to develop in order to progress. You will be assigned a coach when you start who you can talk to about day to day work, then you will also be assigned a people-leader who will assist you with your career progression. Overall you will receive a lot of support in your career progression from day one!

23/04/2019

Hi Lesley-Anne. I have been at Deloitte now for close to 4 years. Career progression here really is great (and I'm not just saying that!). You are continually given the opportunity to push yourself to the next level, and rewarded for your hard work. As Saskia mentions, you really are given a lot of support as you will be assigned a buddy, a coach and a people-leader!

23/04/2019
Lesley-Anne O.

Thank you Saskia and Hannah!

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website