“ Hello, Cameron, how did you become a Tax Analyst for Deloitte UK? ”

Adelheid N. asked a question
during the live chat Explore Summer schemes in Tax Consulting!
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

23/04/2019
12 Live chat
Will I need to do an extra course in Tax for UK Tax since South African tax is based on South African laws?
23/04/2019
Tax Analyst, Deloitte LLP

Hi Adelheid - I presume you're referring to a degree, however please correct me if I'm mistaken. In terms of prerequisite academic achievement/courses, Deloitte's Tax practice largely doesn't require prior knowledge/academic attainment in Tax (although it's always beneficial). All the technical knowledge you will require to be a Tax analyst at Deloitte is provided by Deloitte once you join. If your goal is to work in UK tax then Deloitte would provide you with the relevant training, and partaking in a UK tax course beforehand wouldn't be necessary.

23/04/2019
Adelheid N.

If I signed a contract with Deloitte Namibia but would like to transfer to Deloitte UK, what will the application process be, what requirements do I need to meet? Lastly, should I take an international course to acquire certain skills and competencies,if yes which course do you recommend?

23/04/2019
Analyst, Deloitte UK

Whilst it is possible to transfer overseas, if your end goal is to end up in Deloitte UK you may be best placed to apply directly here as the international opportunities tend to be best placed for employees with a little more experience. As Cameron mentioned, Deloitte equip you with all necessary training on the job so an international course may not be necessary.

23/04/2019
Adelheid N.

Thank you Cameron, all has been well noted.
Saskia, what are the application process requirements?
Students require a lot of help with their studies. Is there a platform at Deloitte UK where students including international students can login and have live online tutorials about certain topics?

23/04/2019
Analyst, Deloitte UK

Hi Adelheid, sorry I do not know the current requirements for applications but a member of the student recruitment team may be able to help you with that!
Typically, you will go to college for your professional qualifications. The college will provide you will all necessary resources and forums to learn about the topics required for your exams!

23/04/2019
Adelheid N.

Thank you Saskia for your help and input.

Tanya, what are the application procedures for recruitment for international students?

23/04/2019
Student Recruitment Senior Assistant, Deloitte UK

Hi Adelheid, sorry for the delay! The recruitment process is the same.
If you are successful, our immigration team will pick up the sponsorship aspect.

23/04/2019
Adelheid N.

Thank you all for your prestigious input and for taking your time to address all my inquiries. Have a blessed week ahead and take care!

23/04/2019

Take care Adelheid!

23/04/2019
Lesley-Anne O.

Hello, in terms of Sponsorship do you consider students not on a Tier 4 Visa/whose Tier 4 visa has expired?

23/04/2019

Hi Lesley-Anne, it depends on the type of visa but successful applicants will need to have a valid visa to enable us to switch to the correct visa via the Home Office.

23/04/2019
Lesley-Anne O.

Thank you for the clarification Tanya.

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website