“ I just applied and failed, If I apply again and get interviewed by the same professionals, will I have a chance? ”

Irina D. asked a question
during the live chat School Leaver Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

28/07/2015
10 Live chat
Do you have other cases of success after a first atempt?
28/07/2015
North Region Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte

Hi Irina, you are more than welcome to re-apply and this won't impact your chance of being offered a position. I would advise setting up a feedback call with your Student Recruitment contact so that you can understand where you can develop so you can improve for next time.

28/07/2015
Assistant Associate, Deloitte UK

Hi Irina - my name is Charlotte and I work in the Nottingham office. I failed the online texting in 2013, and re applied in 2014 and was successful! I found the practise with the online testing very helpful.
What stage did you get to?

28/07/2015
Irina D.

As I live abroad they facilitated a fast track day with First and Final Interview at the same day. I applied for Technology Delivery - Belfast.

28/07/2015
Assistant Associate, Deloitte UK

I don't think it would be of any harm to re - apply! As Charlotte said above maybe set up a call to see where you can develop further :)

28/07/2015
Early Identification Manager, Deloitte UK

The reapplication policy is 12 months from your application date, I certainly recommend a feedback call to find out areas for improvement that can help you second time around.

28/07/2015
Irina D.

It was a little bit harsh as I travelled a lot of hours during the week to be able to be present and even considered asking a review of my application. I understand I carry some liabilities as the Company needs to be sure I won't quit in the middle of the process but I worked for Deloitte as well (in another country) and was very motivated to go through this program so I can finish my degree.

Thank you for your answers

28/07/2015

Without the background to your assessment it is difficult for me to give any insight but I think the feedback would help. It is great to hear you are so motivated, are you considering reapplying?

28/07/2015
Irina D.

Definitely =)
I was able to enter Deloitte Portugal in my final year at University. Got too much focused on work and ended up not finishing my degree... Then I just got transfered to Angola firm. After 3 years in the firm I left as I had a baby and recently married and all. Now I wanted to rejoin the firm but Angola and Portugal don't have the same set ups and School Leaver programs as UK firm has.

Within the program I would have the opportunity to combine both studying and working in a better way, maybe I did not pass that idea so well in the interview but I'm surely reapplying.

28/07/2015

I wish you every success in your reapplication, your recruitment contact who scheduled your fast track day will be more than happy to offer you further feedback on the day to help you prepare for the future. Do let me know if you have any further questions that I can help with.

28/07/2015
Irina D.

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website