“ Do you have any advice on the Partner Interview? ”

Sean R. asked a question
during the live chat Tax Consulting
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

08/10/2015
8 Live chat
08/10/2015
Assistant Manager- Financial Services Tax, Deloitte UK

Hi Sean, thanks for your question. What area of Deloitte are you looking to interview for?

08/10/2015
Assistant Manager, Deloitte UK

Before my partner interview I was advised to go and read a newspaper, thankfully I did, as the partner quizzed me on what I had been following recently in the news!

08/10/2015
Sean R.

Tax Management Consulting

08/10/2015
Assistant Manager- Financial Services Tax, Deloitte UK

Great- that's my department! I would agree with Amy- keep up to date with latest tax developments e.g. BEPs and FATCA. Also have some answers to questions such as how technology can be used to serve clients in Tax Management Consulting as technology is a growing part of what we do.

Final piece of advice is probably easier said than done but definitely try not to worry about it- during my partner interview we mainly talked about travelling and horse riding so they are usually pretty relaxed!

08/10/2015
Sean R.

Thanks for the advice! How did you find the presentation? And is there only a few competencies assessed in the interview?

08/10/2015
Assistant Manager, Deloitte UK

The presentation is less stressful then you would imagine. As its only you and the partner, mine was more of a chat then a presentation. How many competencies are assessed are at the discretion of the partner, so as long as you're well prepared you'll be fine

23/03/2017
Anon user (#186215)

how to prepare for the partner interview for private audit...

23/03/2017
Sonal J.

how to prepare for the partner interview for private audit...

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website