“ What is the day to day life like for someone in BrightStart scheme? ”

Chris R. asked a question
during the live chat Deloitte BrightStart Live Chat
to Deloitte UK Recruitment Team

02/12/2015
9 Live chat
How long do you normally spend in one department?
02/12/2015
Analyst - Tax, Deloitte UK

Hi Chris! I've been on the BrightStart scheme for two years now, I would say day to day life would completely depend on which department you're in and the nature of your work. For me, day to day life includes managing engagements and taking responsibility of them. I also attend client meetings with partners occasionally. At first there was lots of printing but now I help to draft client deliverables based on my experience!

02/12/2015
Consultant - Risk Advisory, Deloitte UK

Hi Chris, I sit within Risk Advisory which, in a nutshell, is a middle ground between Audit and Consulting. This means my day to day job can vary massively which is one of the main factors that I enjoy the most. I have been involved with both statutory audit work and advisory work; you'll find that you get given responsibility from the day you join but also a great support network if you ever need to ask questions.

02/12/2015
Chris R.

Okay thanks for that! I have applied for the audit role. Could you give me a quick insight into what I would likely to be doing?

02/12/2015
Student Recruitment Advisor, Deloitte UK

The audit role will vary depending on which group but our audit teams are split by industry (for instance there will be a team that focuses on consumer business) all of our audit roles on the brightstart scheme will study towards the ACA exams

02/12/2015
Consultant - Risk Advisory, Deloitte UK

Hi Chris, in Audit you'll be involved in external audit engagements, where you are doing work which is helping come to a decision whether Deloitte as a firm believes that the client's financial statements are accurate. You could be working on a massive variety of clients, from FTSE 100 companies to small charities. You will find that you learn a large amount about a number of different industries very quickly!

02/12/2015
Chris R.

Okay, thanks for that! Just one more question regarding the qualifications: what type of support do the bright starters get regarding studying for them?

02/12/2015

There is a lot of support available across the firm which can include study leave, exam managers, college time and there is a large support network internally who would have all been through the exams too who are very helpful :-)

02/12/2015
Chris R.

okay thanks very much for your help!

02/12/2015

No trouble at all :-)

Add to this thread

Deloitte UK

Deloitte is the world leader in consulting and auditing. With over 15,000 employees in the UK, it assists both big names in the industry and provides services to SMEs or small dynamic start-ups.

Deloitte intervenes on various issues, ranging from the reliability of financial information to the support of its customers on their strategic development. The objective: to ensure the smooth running and the durability of its customers, whatever their size and the sector in which they operate. Each area requires high expertise, strong multi-disciplinarity and the excellent ability to assemble a range of skills.

With a network of member firms in more than 150 countries, Deloitte combines world-class expertise with a high-quality service to help clients meet their most complex issues.

Our 264,000 professionals are driven by the same goal: to make Deloitte the benchmark for excellent service.

Expertise: Audit, Advisory and Risk Advisory, Financial Advisory, Chartered Accountant, Legal and Tax Advice.

Visit website